Sunday, July 3, 2011

Little steps...

Well, I apologize for my absence - things have been hectic - not really hectic for others but hectic for me....Trying to finish my last class before I left on my vacation - btw - I got an A!!!! No applause is necessary but very welcome ;-)  and preparing my office (translation: my boss) for my absence and the usual mommy, girlfriend things and daily life but now that the vacation is over things are settling down once again but the countdown is beginning until two upcoming events - Mr. Big's sister is coming into town in August and my next "mini"vacation in September.

The only downside is that I am still missing my kids - they are doing so well though - enjoying their summer and splishing and splashing in the pool and having all kinds of good fun. Marcos is finally eating solid foods!!  I was surprised the other day when he asked me for a chicken nugget - usually he throws them away but this time he ate one, then two, then three...he ate six chicken nuggets!!! I was amazed and awed at how far he has come. Gaby is talking so much!! She is actually asking questions and seeking responses and she is not even 3 yet!!! I am so amazed at how far she has come too. Kris's behavior is still up and down but he is starting to show remorse and using his words more appropriately which is a positive sign - there is room for improvement and he will get there. Fabian is still the same, more affectionate though but still with his beautiful silence. I just love looking at him when he is in his own world and just wondering what he is thinking..he looks like he has so much to say but is holding onto it for just the right moment to let it all out; when that will be - I don't know but I am patiently waiting.

The two oldest, Athena and Junior are just growing and growing - I can't believe how big they are. They do not even look like little kids anymore. They have such strong personalities and are so alike and different at the same time. This is not an easy time for them and I cannot imagine what they are thinking or feeling sometimes because my parents were already divorced by the time I was their age so it was normal for me not to have mom and dad together. We are going to make it through it all, it is not easy but little steps will get us to a better place.

It is the little steps that have shaped their lives and mine - at the beginning of their lives they had so many obstacles and over time have been overcoming them regardless of what people have said. They have achieved success and have proven that there is nothing that is impossible.

My kids have shown me how to be stronger even though sometimes I feel weak and scared - I just have to think about all that they have been through and the goals that they have reached and I know that I can make it.

They are my rock, my foundation....and with more little steps, things can only get better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that the kids are doing really well. But sorry you're having a hard time and missing them... just use it as motivation to work that much harder to see them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, leave a message, leave me something!! I'm needy!!! Please make sure though that however you comment that I can reply back to you via email...otherwise you'll have to come and visit again for your reply :-)