Thursday, July 18, 2013

Where's my Bookbag?


Okay people - here is one thing I don't know if I have mentioned before but I'm not just a pretty face!

I know shocking right?!

I'm actually very well educated.

I graduated high school and after some time off (read: raising many many children) I went back to school and got my Bachelor's degree in Business Management.

Shocking! I can actually run a business!!

Though I have to admit that I really didn't learn anything that I didn't already learn in the real world, it was good to know that I had the piece of paper to support my professionalism skills.

It was a grueling time I have to say but I did it and was so happy that when I finished I never wanted to do it again.

That was until I got a bug up my ass and wanted to go back to school but this time I wanted to challenge myself. As if my life wasn't crazy enough to start with, I decided to change my area of study and go for something a little bit more  - complex.

I worked on and completed my Master's degree in Psychology!

Yes, I actually have a Master's degree!! Who knew right?!?

Well, to be honest, my degrees are just sitting collecting dust.

Aside from the fact that I'm an office manager, I really don't use them.

I had all these ideas of becoming a school counselor or working with children with special needs but honestly, that ain't happening.

That's because while I live in paradise - it is not a paradise for the highly edumacated peoples.

I have applied to work with the various centers that are requesting my education but because I don't have the experience I can't get the jobs.

Seriously? Doesn't living with special needs children for 10 years and working hand in hand with doctors and therapists not qualify as experience?

Oh and certification hours, yeah, I'd have to go to the main land for that one.

I tried working with someone local to get hours but it wound up being more of a hassle than it was worth.

So, back to school I go! For something that I CAN do here and I actually always wanted to try but was scared to.

So next week my application goes out to the school and I start on my journey again.

I'm not too old to start something new - and hopefully the new will help me pay off the old student loans!

Gees, if there is one thing to teach your children...study, learn, apply for every and any scholarship you can think of because you're going to need it!

Or there's always a back-up marry rich!! (LOL, no, I don't condone that really I don't but sometimes its just easier!)

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing to see smart, qualified people turned down for jobs because they don't have the right things written on the resume.

    Good luck to you! I don't think it's ever too late to start a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After completing 4.5 years of college I thought I'd never want to go back. But, since my degree isn't doing me any bit of good either, I really want to go back!
    Good luck in your new venture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you!!

    And no, I don't think anyone is ever too old to start something new if they have the heart for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always hated the catch-22 of jobs wanting someone with experience, but not being able to get a job because you don't have experience.

    Good luck in your next journey! Do you know what you're going to go back to school for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm broke with a degree to prove it too! Too funny! I wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor with school! It's never too late to start something new and there is always room for us to learn more.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, leave a message, leave me something!! I'm needy!!! Please make sure though that however you comment that I can reply back to you via email...otherwise you'll have to come and visit again for your reply :-)