Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back With Guns Blazing!

Hey there people!!

I know I have been gone and completely non-existant for a while and its not that I don't love you, I totally do but I had family over and then life just got in the way.

I had a total recap post prepared in my head for today but once again, life took over and I didn't write it and forgot most of what I was going to say. It was totally hilarious I swear to you!! I'll write it soon, maybe even on Friday - we'll see.

But then I came across this promotion of A&Es new show "Modern Dads"


(I think I'm safe on the picture because its a screen shot of my computer so it is "my image" because I did create it and it has all the link information, etc on it so "fingers crossed" - I didn't alter it either so whatevs)

I have been seeing the commercials for this show for a while now and I am totally interested in seeing it.

Dads are awesome.

Dads rock!

Even the Ex is a great dad - he may not be the best Ex in the world but I know he loves our monkeys and will do anything and everything for them - even if I might not agree with his methods or ideas, I know at the heart of it he is doing what he thinks is best for them.

It is not easy being a stay-at-home dad.

Some men get criticized as being lazy for it.

This is far from the truth...well, in most cases anyways. There is no need to generalize or stereo-type because honestly, we don't know what happens behind closed doors but really..if they are at home and the kids are fed and still breathing - its a good day. Just like it would be for a stay at home mom.

What got me blazing were the comments.

I was amazed at the harsh criticism that was posted in response - the majority of the comments were negative and just plain wrong! Look, see for yourself....

"Modern?ha! No thanks I'm not into the gay parent thing would rather watch married with children"

" Did they ever do a show where there was Mom's and kids...WTH is so Big about a stay at home Dad? why do they need Praise, and a TV show! Women get told its Not a Job staying home with kids. But to a Man it is a Job and they have this Big thing that it is a JOB and they are the Greatest and better than a MOM at it. I am not watching it, I am boycotting it in the NAME OF ALL MOMS LIKE ME< that got told it was NO big deal, and not a Job. And society ignores us Women at all cost!"

"get a night job you want to stay home all day be a man! i hope to god these arent college graduates?!"

"A bunch of pussified guys having their balls busted by their loud fat obnoxious wives"

"This are not real Modern Dads, this are what u call Lazy Dads. Real Modern Dads WORK and care for there KIDS. REAL Dads do all that and work!"

Where has our society gone?!? Really?

I think its a great idea! Its important to show that dads can be great stay at home parents too and that moms have the right and ability to go into the workplace if they want to.

The final seconds of episode 1 have not seen the light of day yet and people are already putting it down and the idea of stay-at-home fathers is being rubbed into the dirt along with it.

All I know is that I know I couldn't be a stay-at-home parent. Its not in me.

It does not mean that I love my children any less or that I am unfit to parent, it means that I need balance in order to be the best parent that I can be. That is why the Ex stayed home with the monkeys and I went to work.

I felt safer and more relaxed knowing that my children were being cared for by their father instead of a stranger at a day care while I was blowing away money to have someone essentially raise my children for me.

I'm also not going to criticize those families that do choose to have both parents working because each family is different and I applaud you all for making the decisions that you have made for your family.

My family is not conventional by any means and I would never want to criticize you for your choices in raising your children. Some day care centers are great and have amazing opportunities for children. Unfortunately the ones in my area that did offer that would require a down payment and a yacht and 3 pints of blood and 4 years worth of my salary to do so.

I guess what I am saying is....give it a chance...its important to see another side of parenthood and life.

Our communities are changing and the family dynamics are no longer the same.

Oh and I have to give a shot out to the Real Husbands of Autism....these guys are so awesome that I have to say I have a crush on every single one of them - a completely innocent one so the wives don't have to worry but yeah, to me, they are all hot for being some of the most rock-awesome dads out there.

Check them out and let them know I sent ya!! Total shameless blog plugging is appreciated ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Ugh, some people make the most ignorant comments!

    I want to see that show. I saw a preview and it looked amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'd watch that. Glad you're back! The comments are excruciating. I almost can't stomach them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe the ignorance. Apparently some of these people have never stayed home with their kids. Hardest job anyone (mom's or dad's alike) will do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great show! He sounds like a great dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those comments are so ignorant. I'd give $100 just to watch those people stay at home with their kids and see how "easy" and "lazy" it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those comments are pretty crazy. I don't see why people have a problem with stay at home dads. I know a few great stay at home dads...and moms. Oh, and the working families. Yeah. People need to get a grip. What works for one family doesn't necessarily work for another. As long as the kids are happy, you're doing something right!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, leave a message, leave me something!! I'm needy!!! Please make sure though that however you comment that I can reply back to you via email...otherwise you'll have to come and visit again for your reply :-)