I very rarely ever win anything and when I do I'm so gobsmacked by it that I shout it from the roof tops and put it on billboards and banners because - hello!! I'm not that good or that lucky!! Yes, I'm a self-deprecating bitch sometimes...so what?
Well, Kristen over at 31 Million Seconds has apparently found something positive in me and has nominated me for the Liebster Award!!
This is how it works:
"Liebster" means dearest in German, and it's awarded, blogger to blogger, to up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules for accepting and giving the award are pretty simple. Once you accept the award, you just have to do the following in a blog entry:
So, here are Kristen's 11 questions for moi:
- If you could only have one food for every single meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
PASTA!!! Especially Mr. Big's Fettuccine Alfredo. He makes it from scratch and is all kinds of yummy!! I do have to admit I'd have a lot more working out to do to keep the weight off but oh so worth it!!
- Baths or showers?
Hmmm...Showers, they are quick and easy - I gave up baths when I had children. They are the one's that take baths now and make a mess for me to clean up.
- What's the last movie you saw?
Silverlinings Playbook!! Oh my God! I LOVE that movie!!
- Who do you admire and why?
I admire my children. They live with autism in their lives every day and are always smiling and just happy. I love them more than words.
- What do you normally have for breakfast?
Cereal - I know, boring. I do try andmix it up every once in a while with eggs or waffles and stuff but usually its Cereal. Special K with Almond Milk to be exact.
- What's your favorite scent?
I have this one body spray from Bath & Bodyworks: Sea Island Cotton - that is my summer/spring scent and for fall/winter I use their Chinese Cherry Blossom
- When was the last time you cried?
Last night. I cry a lot. I'm not ashamed of it. I miss my children every day and I worry and I panic and I create scenarios in my head that drive me crazy. I know they are safe in bed at their daddy's house and are protected but I'm a mom. I worry.
- Are you going anywhere for a summer vacation?
No, I live in an island paradise - why would I go anywhere?!?!
- Cats or dogs?
Neither - I have kids remember?
- What's your favorite kind of fruit?
- What's the one song that you can't help but sing along to?
Wow!! I have no idea actually...I have such an eclectic taste in music that I pretty much sing along to everything that I can sing along to. On any given day I can be belting it out to Metallica or AC/DC and on another day it would be Brad Paisley or Florence and the Machines. I know, I'm weird.
Here are my 11 Random Facts:
- I have no idea what my natural hair color is
- I am dying to cut my hair shoulder length but Mr. Big will shoot me if I take more than 2" off my hair
- I am a closet purse whore - you'd never know it since I only carry a little money pouch with me but I LOVE purses!!!
- For Spanish being my first language, I think my Spanish speaking skills suck. I stumble over my words more than I'd like to
- I'm 5' tall with a size 8.5 shoe - yeah, I'm weird
- I'm still afraid of the dark
- I'm also afraid of being alone
- I want my mini-van back - shhh...don't tell Mr. Big, he will tell me "I told you so"
- I am not as much of a neat freak as I claim to be; it helps make sure that Mr. Big keeps the house clean though
- I bite my nails
- For being a "social butterfly" I have a have a hard time approaching people in public situations
Now here are my Nominees:
And here are the Questions for these wonderful writers:
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. Did you like going to school or hated it?
3. What 3 objects would you take with you if you had to leave your home and never return?
4. Who do you admire? (This a good one so I'm stealing it)
5. City or Country?
6. What is your favorite sport?
7. What is the one TV show that you identify with?
8. Wine, beer, liquor?
9. Large family gatherings or intimate occasions?
10. What is the one song that you must have on your play list?
11. Favorite color?
Kristen, thank you for seeing a glimmer of hope in me and my writing! I hope not to disappoint you in the future!!!
Oh and of course - go check Kristen out! She's all sorts of adorable and she has a cat!